Acequia Jardin is part of one of the newest movements in housing in our country. Part pocket neighborhood and part co-housing – this unique development was created to address the needs of the large population of baby boomers who want to live less complex lives. The housing addresses the need for a more supportive and neighborly community while still maintaining the sense of privacy within the walls of one’s own home. The townhome development is centrally located – close to many of the cities activities and facilities.
- Unique, comfortable, small compound of homes in the close in North Valley
- Smaller homes consciously designed for living large — built in storage, openness created with light and space, useful/functional rooms
- Nestled into a lovely acre behind Rio Grande Boulevard
- Includes guest casita, food gardens. meeting facilities, group plaza and courtyard
- Green, sustainable, vibrant design
- Private, secure setting close to services. Safety, comfort, community
- Community gardens and edible landscape
- Sustainable, low energy use construction
- Architect designed
- Meeting room and beautiful courtyard plaza
- Safe environment – neighbors living close for safety and security
- Built in community – can participate or be private
- Porches and plaza to take advantage of New Mexico’s outdoors
Four short years ago, a local builder and real estate broker had a vision of creating homes in which friends, family and community could live comfortably and vitally as they get older and are less eager and able to take care of a large home and yard. They intuitively knew and learned through research that those who age in community live longer, more connected, more enjoyable lives. They also had observed that many of the options for smaller homes and living environments for downsizers and those entering retirement are institutional, unimaginative and way out in the suburbs.
Working with an inspired community of people and a thoughtful architect, they created a viable concept of small homes, close together and close to services and activities. The homes were thoughtfully designed with desired amenities to create a less complex lifestyle. We invite you to nestle into the cozy comfort of a small community of homes. We offer a place to live intelligently and responsibly in richly designed homes surrounded by lush, mostly edible, gardens.
Thinking about living large in a smaller space? Our private homes offer you both the safety and serenity of living close to others and having a home and yard that belongs only to you. Our homes range in price from $110,000 (studio/garage/ workspace) to $245,000 for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. The average price is just under $198,000.
We’d love to talk, show you the site and provide you with more information. Please contact Pamela Heater at 505-710-0021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.